Today’s guest deejay is saxophonist and singer/songwriter Grace Kelly.
I was introduced to Grace through Kyle Eagle, the host of The Major Scale, when Grace was the guest on his show. Her music was great, and her zest for life was infectious. I admired her ability to have many irons in the fire while promoting her brand on social media and having a blast doing it. Grace’s grit and sense of fun were an inspiration when we brainstormed what kind of show Genius and Soul would be.
Grace’s bona fides are as long as my arm, so only I’ll mention a few to capture the scope of Grace’s talent.
Grace performed at Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration. Grace was also part of the house band for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and appeared and performed on Bosch Amazon’s original series.
Grace’s mix feature songs that shaped her as a musician. You’ll hear some classics, but you’ll also hear some unexpected songs that will keep you on your toes.
Join us next week when our guest deejay will be saxophonist, composer, and activist Roxy Coss.
- João Gilberto and Stan Getz “The Girl From Ipanema feat. Antônio Carlos Jobim & Astrud Gilbert” from Getz/Gilberto
- Dave Brubeck “Blue Rondo à la Turk” from At the Hollywood Bowl 1958
- Frank Sinatra “Fly Me to the Moon (feat. Count Basie and His Orchestra)” from Ultimate Sinatra
- Charlie Parker “Scrapple From The Apple” from Best Of The Complete Savoy & Dial Studio Recordings
- Grace Kelly “Every Road I Walked” from Every Road I Walked
- James Taylor “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight” from One Man Dog
- Stevie Wonder “Sir Duke” from Songs in the Key of Life
- Lee Konitz “Just Friends” from Live At the Half Note
- Grace Kelly & Lee Konitz “Gracefullee” from Gracefullee
- Phil Woods “Webb City” from Live At the Village Vanguard
- Grace Kelly & Phil Woods “Man With the Hat” from Man With the Hat
- John Mayer “Stop This Train” from Continuum
- Grace Kelly “Blues For Harry Bosch” from Trying to Figure It Out
- Grace Kelly “Feels Like Home (feat. Elliott Skinner)” from Feels Like Home